As many of you know, I am the Editorial Director for TO THE MARKET (TTM), an online retailer selling artisan made goods. I thought I'd share some of my favorite products for Fall 2016, along with some top pics from a few of my favorite artisan focused businesses, including Nisolo, Marie Mae, Rose & Fitzgerald, Vi Bella, and The Little Market. All of these products and partners support and employ survivors of human-trafficking, conflict, extreme poverty, and disease. The fair wages earned making the accessories give the skilled-artisans dignity, and the sales from those goods help create economic independence and bring brighter futures for artisans in the developing world. Beautiful, global goods with a social impact = win, win!
1. A "go-with-everything" delicate silver bracelet. The Double T Strand Bracelet is made skilled artisans in Nepal.
2. Spice up your little black dress, keep you iPad safe, or keep your weekend wear casual & cool with this handmade clutch. The one-of-a-kind Huipil Erica Envelope Clutches are handwoven by artisans in Mexico.
3. This understated, yet ultra glam v-shaped necklace is timeless. The Deep V Choker is handcrafted by artisans in Uganda.
4. A beautiful clutch that is ethical, sustainable, and eco-chic? Yes, please! The Cranberry Paper Beaded Clutch is handmade by survivors of conflict in Uganda.
5. Comfy, fashionable, & empowering define these gorgeous flats. The Smoking Shoe Brandy is constructed by hand by master cobblers in Peru.
6. Keep things organized with these ethical notebooks. By purchasing the Steel Blue Spiral Notebook you'll be providing one hours of business training to women entrepreneurs in developing countries. Boom, how cool is that?!
7. This tote will take you from season to season, but I just love it for Fall. The Oriana Tote is handmade by survivors in Haiti.