Looking for something special for your mom, sister, gal pal, or want to give a gift hint to your guy? We have rounded up our favorite ethical goods, these social impact finds are perfect for the season of giving. As an added bonus most of the gift items below are sold by small businesses. Yay! We make it easy to choose artisan & shop small this holiday season!
1. A cheery winter white clutch perfect for even the dreariest of winter days. The Chamula Shearling Clutch in White is handmade by a women's cooperative in Chiapas, Mexico. The clutch is 100% natural wool.
2. The wide straps on this bag truly make it the ultimate carry-all. The *Limited Edition* Ethical Leather Tote is simply swoon worthy. This bag is hand crafted by the Haiti Design Co-op in Haiti. For every bag purchased TO THE MARKET will donate $15.00 to the Artisan Business Network in Haiti. This tote is truly the bag that keeps on giving.
3. Sunglasses with the added instant cool factor. These chic beaded sunnies are sure to bring smiles. The Fashionkind Exclusive Sunglasses in Red are hand beaded by a fair-trade cooperative outside of Kenya. The frames are made in Italy.
4. Keep her warm in the simply cozy sweater. The Kurumi Geometric Handloom Alpaca Sweater is ethically made in the Andes Mountains in Peru. The sweater is 100% alpaca wool.
5. For the fashion forward and eco-saavy gal in your life. The Cranberry Paper Beaded Clutch is hand made out of paper beads by war widows and impoverished women in Uganda.
6. Every leading lady will love these classic silhouette mules. The Sofia Noir is hand crafted in Peru by master cobblers.
7. For the lady that appreciates life's finer things, AKA vino! The Ngwenya Glass Hand Blown Wine Cooler is made of 100% reclycled glass in an eco-friendly and fair-trade workshop in Swaziland.
8. A date night clutch for the fashionista mama or city-dweller. The Dama Clutch is hand made by women artisans in Rwanda. The clutch is hand embroidered and beaded and is made of 100% leather.
9. For the lady who likes to make a statement. The Collar Necklace is made in Uganda with hand-rolled paper beads and a gold tone pendant.
10. Weekend adventures await with this bag. The Weekender in Indigo is perfect for road-tripping and jet-setting adventures. The bag is made from over dyed recycled saris and is hand made by vulnerable women in India.