Hi There! Every Sunday I put together a LAZY SUNDAY READING list of my favorite reads from the week. On the LAZY SUNDAY READING list you'll find important news, inspiring stories, and all-things entrepreneurship. I love a good lazy Sunday where I get to catch-up on all of the interesting articles I bookmarked during the week, but didn't have time to finish reading. Any bookmarks you'd like to share? I'd love to hear what you are reading! Leave a note in the comments or on social media: @SIKUstyle
- I lived in LA for four years and grew up in Orange County, so Southern California will always be a special place to me. I try to keep up with some of the exciting things happening in LA-- particularly the food scene. Here is a great article highlighting a self-guided foodie tour in the city. Can't wait to do this on my next trip!!! Get the tour here.
- Last week was the 22nd Anniversary of the Rwandan Genocide. I wrote an article for To The Market's Huffington Post Social Impact Blog about both the triumphs and challenges in Rwanda today. You can read my article here.
- Keeping to the topic of Rwanda-- I found this inspiring story on how Jacques Nkinzingabo aka Yakubu is helping street kids in Kigali (the capital of Rwanda) share their stories through art and photography. Such a cool initiative! Read about it on True Africa.
- As a resident of Jordan, I'd be remiss if I didn't share any info from our current home. AND this is pretty cool-- researchers say the complex irrigation system the Nabataean's (the folks who built Petra!) developed more than 2,200 years ago can be adopted for current times. Yep, that's pretty wild. Read more about what scholars are saying here.
- The temps are rising and I am about to plant a new herb garden (mine sadly did not last the Winter). This is a great primer on what's best to plant and how to eat it from MyDomaine.com. Get your green thumb in action with this article.