Cash may be king for graduates these days, but I remain a big fan of hand selected gifts. What's even more special than a hand-selected gift? A gift that shares a dual-purpose or value! When an artisan took the time and care to make something beautiful, it means that much more to the gift recipient. This is especially true when you can share how that item came to be with the recipient, or how the value of the item might represent something more, such as how the proceeds from that good provide access to healthcare or education in a developing country.
Here are 10 empowering gifts for every grad:
1. Personalized stationary that supports women's college scholarships in Kosovo.
2. Help your guy grad ease into adult life with this handsome men's shaving kit. Perfect for long-term travel or overnight business trips. This shaving kit was made by vulnerable women artisans in Ethiopia.
3. The perfect welcome to adulthood gift-- adorable hand towels hand-woven by artisans in Southern Mexico.
4. These chic earrings seamlessly go from weekday to weeknight to weekend! Perfect for a job interview or a first date, PLUS they empower women in Kenya & support Pencils of Promise.
5. This Dreamy 100% Alpaca throw is woven by artisans in the highlands of Bolivia. Serious quality and luxury that will last!
6. For all the adventurers and trailblazers out there, this passport wallet is the perfect gift. The genuine leather wallet is hand made by vulnerable women in Ethiopia.
7. The understated beauty of this bracelet makes it the the perfect mix-n-match for any grad. This keepsake is made by artisans in earthquake-ravaged Nepal. Every compliment you get means an opportunity to share their story too!
8. Mix things up with these hand-carved tumblers. Perfect for the cocktail connoisseur or design oriented-grad.
9. Give your grad the luxe treatment with this cashmere scarf hand spun and woven by artisans in the Kashmir Valley.
10. This stylish basket tray is the perfect catch-all for both dorm rooms & post-grad apartments! This basket is handwoven in Honduras. Trust us, your grad will thank you when they never have to look for their keys again!