As many of you know, I am the Editorial Director for To The Market (TTM), an online retailer selling artisan made goods. I thought I'd share some of my favorite products from the 2016 Spring collection, along with some top pics from a few of my favorite artisan focused businesses, including Proud Mary, 31 Bits, & Noonday Collection. All of these products and partners support and employ survivors of human-trafficking, conflict, extreme poverty, and disease. The fair wages earned making the accessories give the skilled-artisans dignity, and the sales from those goods help create economic independence and bring brighter futures for artisans in the developing world. Beautiful, global goods with a social impact = win, win!
Be sure to visit To The Market, Proud Mary, 31 Bits and Noonday Collection to learn more about their missions and the artisans they work with around the globe.
1. A "go-with-everything" delicate brass bracelet. The Double T Strand Bracelet is made skilled artisans in Nepal.
2. A beaded clutch for brunch, the beach & sundowner cocktails. The Love Bead Clutch is hand beaded by marginalized women in Agri, India. The clutch is responsibly sourced and fairly traded by Handwoven with Love, a artisan oriented social enterprise.
3. The perfect pop for any white sundress. The Starry Eve Necklace is handmade in Gulu, Uganda by vulnerable women. Each necklace is made with recycled paper beads. Wow!
4. Comfy flats for all of your urban explorations. The Millie in Lilac Spiral Smoking Flat is handcrafted by indigenous women in Guatemala.
5. A statement necklace for the office & the weekend. The Ibrahim Necklace is handmade in Ethiopia by vulnerable women. Each necklace features vintage Ethiopian coins and small beads made from old artillery shells-- some serious upcycling!
6. Stay on trend with this fringe clutch. The Fringe Clutch is handmade in Lesotho in Southern Africa with local yarn from Angora goats. Serious fans of Proud Mary's motto: pride not pity.
7. An updated summer sandal every girl needs. The Strappy Sandal is handmade in Morocco by vulnerable women. The upper is handwoven with raffia fibers.