As many of you know, I am the Chief Strategy Officer for TO THE MARKET (TTM), an online retailer selling artisan made goods. I thought I'd share some of my favorite products for Winter 2017, along with some of my top picks from a few of my favorite social impact oriented businesses, including Anchal Project, The Didi Jewelry Project, Haiti Design Co-op, Nisolo, and Warby Parker. The purchase of these products supports and helps employ survivors of human-trafficking, conflict, extreme poverty, and disease. The fair wages earned making these accessories give skilled-artisans dignity, and the sales from these goods help create economic independence and bring brighter futures for artisans in the developing world. Beautiful, global goods with a social impact = win, win!
1. A statement glam necklace for a night on the town. The Noelle Necklace is made by human-trafficking survivors in East Asia.
2. Wrap-up and warm-up in style. The Didi Scarf is hand-stitched by vulnerable women in India.
3. Take your passport to paradise. The Passport Wallet in Eco Brown is hand-made in India by disadvantaged communities.
4. Add some flash to you favorite white tee and blazer combo. The Long Didi Diamond Beaded Necklace in Lapis is hand-made by HIV+ artisans in India.
5. Carry it all in this beautiful tote. The TO THE MARKET exclusive Ethical Leather Tote is handmade by artisans in Haiti.
6. Say hello to the sun in the city or on the slopes. The Durand Sunglasses in Woodland Tortoise helps support eye care for people in need all over the world.
7. Start clogging around. The Sofia Noir Slip-ons are hand-crafted by artisans in Peru.
8. Dress it up or down. The Ox Chain Tassel Necklace is handmade by HIV+ artisans in India.
9. A pouch to beat all pouches! The Cheetah Pencil Bag is made of 100% organic cotton and screen printed by human trafficking survivors in India.